Business Hilights

Tracking Nigeria's Headline Business News Online


StarTimes plots market control mechanism, considers retraining of staff

Ad 2
Ad 3

At a time there had been rising allegations and counter allegations bordering on unconfirmed cases of victimization and abuse of Nigerian staff by Chinese officials in the company, pioneer digital terrestrial TV group, StarTimes has launched a new policy that will deal on training and retraining staff to deepen service delivery.

According to the idea, whereas staff will only cater with 25 per cent of the cost, the company will bankroll the remaining 75 per cent as part of staff professional development both locally or internationally.

In a statement signed by the Chief Operating Officer of the company, Mr. Tunde Aina, StarTimes said the “Capacity building for staff must be top priority for any responsible organization. We pride ourselves as one, with the interest of our entire workforce at heart hence the need to continually roll out friendly policies that seek to develop our people”.

“We currently live in a fast paced world and to ensure that our people are up to date with international developments and practices, a constant training and re-training is necessary. This new policy will ensure that any staff who wishes to study for personal or professional development gets to do so without hindrance by the expenses.”

Aina averred that “StarTimes will bear 75% of the total cost of training, leaving just 25% to be covered by the staff. This policy is open to all staff, irrespective of grade, level or contract type and was the first policy introduced when the new CEO, Justin Zhang, a visionary leader who believes in the people took office earlier this year,” Aina averred.


Business Hilights is an online news channel conceptualized and structured to report and track on a daily basis; latest developments in critical business sectors to serve as a one stop news gateway for governments, foreign and indigenous investors.