When the fake new first broke that the Chief Security Officer (CSO) of the Minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, addressed as Mr Tony Iwelu, was killed in a failed kidnap attempt on the Minister in Kaduna, near Rigasa train Station, it took a while to decipher the truth.
The truth was that Mr Iwelu was not killed from bullet wounds from kidnappers, but was electrocuted in his Hotel Room Shower in Kaduna due to faulty water heater in the hotel (name with held).
Whereas it is important to be warned to be STRONGLY advised of the potential risk and danger of electrocution faced in the use of the bath tub/shower water taps and hot water heater either in hotels or private homes, it is important to always go for the best make in bathroom technologies to be safe from related domestic accidents.
Only last week, a vibrant lady just a couple of days to her 50th birthday, got electrocuted and died while having a bath in their home in Lagos. She was found stuck to the shower water tap, clearly being electrocuted.
It was confirmed that the problem most probably came from the water heater, where it has allowed electricity to mix with water (malfunctioning water heating unit).
Already, technicians have advised lovers of hot bath to always ensure that the water heater is switched off from the wall prior to getting into the bath or under the shower.
Also, particular attention should be given to the use of water heater facilities afforded during short stays at hotels, friends or relations lodges.
Otherwise, under no circumstance should the bathroom water heater ‘SWITCH’ be left ‘ON’ while having or getting under the shower or into bath tub.