News hotlines: 08111813019, 08025868561
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Federal Government has agreed that former President Goodluck Jonathan really did a lot in changing the lives of Nigerians, but blamed him for not having a strong political will to implement Treasury Single Account (TSA) and Bank Verification Number (BVN) within the period of their introduction.
However, followers of the 16 years of Peoples Democratic Party’s leadership have listed a number of schemes introduced to grow the country that have remained the pivots on which the current activities of the All Progressive Congress (APC) nearly four-years administration is standing on.
According to them, key achievements of PDP from 1999 to 2015 include but not limited to the following:
1. N18k Minimum wage
6. Card Reader.
8. New National ID Card.
9. New Drivers Licence.
11. New pension scheme
12. Abuja to Kaduna Rail.
13. Abuja Light Rail.
16. 14 New Federal Universities.
17. Akpabio Stadium, Uyo.
18. KASU & a host of other states universities.
19. Alot of private universities were granted licence.
20. Debt settlement and cancellation.
21. Fastest growing economy in Africa.
22. Third fastest growing economy in the world.
23. Exchange rate: N160/$1.
24. Fuel: N87.
25. General low prices of commodities compared to now.
26. New Kaduna Central Market
First Nigerian Drone Launched
27. First Nigerian Satellite launched
28. NDA moved to its permanent site after about 25yrs attempts.
29. NDA admitted its first female combatant cadets.
30. AFIT, NN school of Armaments Tech, Nigerian Police Academy were established.
31. Nigerian Legislative Institute was established.
32. Relative peace.
33. Freedom of speech and communication,
34. Naval Base, Lokoja
35. International Market, Lokoja
36. 80% of the Airports in the country
37. Creation of many Federal Universities in the country
Business Hilights is an online news channel conceptualized and structured to report and track on a daily basis; latest developments in critical business sectors to serve as a one stop news gateway for governments, foreign and indigenous investors.