News hotlines: 08111813019, 08025868561
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
As the March, 2021 general election of the massive Mandilas International Trade Centre (MITC) draws nearer and campaigns hot up, leading presidential contender and incumbent, Chief Anthony Amechi Okeke weekend rolled out his manifestos.
Recall that MITC is one of the leading shopping complexes within the massive Lagos International Trade Fair complex, along Lagos-Badagry Expressway.
Business Hilights he had earlier last week gave a clear and convincing account of his first tenure in office at the complex.
In a manifesto shared among journalists weekend, Okeke explained that he is seeking re-election into the office of President to continue the good work he had been doing.
According to him, “If given another opportunity; (1) the leadership will improve on the steady progress witnessed in the complex since 2015 by systematically engaging all the stakeholders in the complex to release all the shops that are not functional in order to increase our membership base which will in turn boost the overall business activities in the complex.
(2) In conjunction with a major stakeholder we are already in the final stage of negotiation with some banks to open a branch in the complex which will increase business activities in our business environment.
(3) The need for an alternative power supply cannot be over emphasised at this stage of our development.
Arrangement has been concluded to bring in standard generating sets to augment our regular power supply.
(4) Health is wealth.
We will continue to provide free medical test and treatment to our members and customers alike. This is because your health is of utmost importance to us.
(5) We will sustain the financial empowerment given to selected members yearly by collaborating with various multinational organizations. This will increase the working capital of our members thereby resulting to greater volume of sales.
(6) Arrangements have been concluded to disburse this year’s financial empowerment in the third quarter of the year 2021.
(7) ATM gallery will be installed in the complex as discussion with a major bank is in top gear.
(8) Opening other access roads to the complex will be a priority. As the gate at OCI plaza through fashion plaza is in progress.
(9) Soft loan facilities will be given to deserving members through collaboration with some commercial institutions.
(10) All the catalysts that led to the successful re- engineering of this complex shall be sustained to bring about more progress in our business environment.
(11) As usual security of lives and properties will be of top priority in the administration..as our complex is reputed to be the most secured in Lagos state and
We promise to maintain the tempo.
(12) The current administration has taken MITC far and wide by way of advertisement through documentaries, comments, interviews, and articles in both local and international media platforms.
Continuing, Chief Okeke averred that “We will continue to improve on our achievements in this regard. This will lead to increase in patronage for members and that will take us to greater heights.
(13) As the most peaceful market place in Lagos state, we will continue to improve on the things that made it possible, thereby making us the envy of other markets.
(14) Every section of the market most especially the artisans will be included in sensitive committees like NEPA committee for transparency in apportioning and collection of light bills and others.
(15) Finally the capacity and ability of our members is what matters most to us.
We are going to run an *all* *inclusive* administration to further cement the unity that exists between us.
“Recall as the former Vice President, I was very instrumental to the construction of this our heritage called MITC.
“If I have done it before, i will do more this time around.
While making it clear to the Mandilas electorates that “the taste of the pudding is in the eating”, Chief Okeke admonished the MITC voters to “Say no to mediocrity, lies, and deceit.”
In his key campaign themes, the Chief Okeke Campaign Organisation explained that “A vote for Chief Anthony Amechi Okeke is a vote for “Stability, Experience, Commitment, Transparency, Credibility, Firmness, Equity and Justice, Truth, Tested and trusted leadership, Humility, Accessibility, and Accountability.”
Business Hilights is an online news channel conceptualized and structured to report and track on a daily basis; latest developments in critical business sectors to serve as a one stop news gateway for governments, foreign and indigenous investors.