News hotlines: 08111813019, 08025868561
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Latest on COVID19 Lagos
Dateline Lagos, Nigeria
– Lagos has confirmed 7 new cases of #COVID19 bringing total confirmed cases in Lagos to 18
– 6 out of the 7 new cases have travel history outside Nigeria in the last one week
– One of the 7 new cases is a close contact of a confirmed case
– Of the total 18 confirmed cases in Lagos, 2 have recovered and have been discharged.
– Take note that travellers on Flights BA75 and KLM 587 which arrived in Lagos on the 18th March, 2020 have been exposed to confirmed #COVID19 cases.
– Travellers on the said flights BA75 and KLM587 should observe strict self isolation and reach out to us on 08000corona if they have any symptoms.
COVID-19 Precautionary Measures
The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected? By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it’s too late.
However, experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning.
Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection.
In critical time, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.
Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry.
Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don’t drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs. That’s very dangerous.
*This publication is corporate social responsibility contributions of Business Hilights to the fight against COVID-19 in Nigeria
Business Hilights is an online news channel conceptualized and structured to report and track on a daily basis; latest developments in critical business sectors to serve as a one stop news gateway for governments, foreign and indigenous investors.