News hotlines: 08111813019, 08025868561
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Another big issue that must be resolved by the current administration in Imo State is the true ownership of Eastern Palm University, Ogboko in Ideato area of Imo State.
There had been rising speculations that the Eastern Palm University was built with Imo State resources and money but personalized by the former Governor of the state.
Whereas facts show that the University was approved by the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC), as the 42nd State University, the question that needs urgent answer is how come the state now has only 10 per cent while the former Governor’s interest jumped to 90 per cent.
Investigations showed that before the former Governor sought and got approval for the said university, he had acquired land with government instruments and built all the houses at the University premises for the relocation of the Imo State University (IMSU) to his Community, Ogboko, where the University is situated today.
Further findings showed that as soon as the relocation plot for IMSU failed, the former Governor, on behalf of the state, applied for fresh licence from NUC clearly on the state behalf which therein, vests the ownership on the state.
However, the viral claims that a foundation (name with held) owns 90 per cent of EPU while Imo State owns the remaining 10 per cent must be reviewed by the Emeka Ihedioha led administration as part of his Imo property recovery mission.
Further to the above, the association Imo Communities Unions and leaders of thought in the state had earlier called and protested before the current governor to fast track action on the recovery of a number of public properties and resources that are currently missing in Imo State.
Some of them as listed by the groups in their protest letters include as follows:
We also wish to inform the public that the vast expanse of land occupied by the artisans and mechanics at the Nakede mechanic village as well as Orji Mechanic village was forcefully taken by the former Governor and given to his family members and cronies.
The Concorde Hotels, an enviable investment of the State which was acquired by the former governor through some proxies.
Business Hilights is an online news channel conceptualized and structured to report and track on a daily basis; latest developments in critical business sectors to serve as a one stop news gateway for governments, foreign and indigenous investors.