Mandilas Center @ Lagos Trade Fair complex issues COVID-19 safety measures
The leadership of Mandilas International Trade Center (MITC), one of the leading shopping plazas at the massive Lagos International Trade Fair complex, Badagry Expressway, has become the first trading group in Nigeria to issue COVID-19 precautionary measures for both business owners and customers in a market.
In a statement signed by the President, Chief Anthony Okeke and made available to Business Hilights, the group said aside the 13-Point Precautionary Agenda, the administration has already established hand-washing points equipped with hand-sanitizers at strategic places in the plaza for easy access to everybody doing business in the trade centre.
He explained that “The issued public health advisory safety tips and rule of engagements are in line with the position of the Lagos State Government’s efforts to raise safety limits and awareness of every Lagosian and Nigerians in general.”
Hereunder are the given COVID-19 Safety Measures at the Mandilas International trade Center as approved by the President, Chief Anthony Okeke;
1) All public gathering in the environment is hereby banned by the market authority.
2) All members/stakeholders in Mandilas international trade center are advised to avoid handshaking, hugging and all other forms of contact salutation.
3) We are to avoid unnecessary travels.
4) Everybody must keep a reasonable social distance when conversing with each other.
5) All members /stakeholders returning from countries and states with active COVID-19 cases, *must* self-isolate for 14-days.
During self-isolation they must take their temperatures twice daily. Any temperature above 37.9 should be reported to the appropriate authority.
6) Wash your hands with soap and running water for at least 20 seconds.
7) Temperatures over 37.9 degrees Centigrade must be reported to the Authority.
8) Midday prayers is still in place but members are advised to do it in their *individual shops*.
9) Members and customers alike are advised to keep a distance of 6fts while making transactions.
10) Every member is mandated to have alcohol based hand sanitizers in their shops and offices.
11) Most importantly all members, customers and visitors are advised to submit themselves to the compulsory temperature test and hand wash sanitizer at the entrance and exit gates.
12) All gatherings of more than 10 persons are hereby banned.
13) The security and Taskforce Committee are hereby directed to ensure compliance to these directives.
THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.
CORVID 19 MUST BE DEFEATED.
Chief Anthony Okeke
President, MITC, Lagos Intl trade Fair Complex