Effective from today, April 1, 2019, 12 strategic management staff will begin terminal leave to end their service at the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC).
Ceremony for their send forth process was rounded off weekend by the Management of the Commission.
In his emotion-laden address, the Executive Vice Chairman and Chief Executive of NCC, Prof. Umar Garba Danbatta, noted that the staff “will be leaving a vacuum difficult to fill”.
He advised the outgoing retirees that “whether in service or not, they should find ways to contribute to our communities”.
Several Executive Management staff amplified EVC’ voice and wished all the outgoing staff best wishes in their future endeavors.
In his brief goodwill message delivered on behalf of the 12 outgoing senior staff, Director Public Affairs, Nnamdi Nwokike, who responded on behalf of his fellow retirees, said “we are leaving the work in capable hands that will do better than how we met and left it”.
He thanked the EVC, colleagues as well as all staff of the Commission for their best wishes.
However, several industry stakeholders who bared their minds on the retirement of the ’12 Apostles’ said though activities and normal office programmes will continue, the Commission will continue to do their best in policy formulation and industry regulations considering the fact that before their last day at work, normal office organogram must have done the needful by pushing up relevant staff to their positions in line with civil service structure.
The retried staff include:
1. Nnamdi Nwokike, Director, Public Affairs
2. Abubakar Kolawole Yakubu, outgoing Director Policy, Competition and Economic Analysis
3. Bashir Ayodeji Idris, outgoing Head, Legislative and Government Relations
4. Somieari Jumbo, outgoing Deputy Director, Spectrum Administration
5. Dr. Femi Atoyebi, outgoing Head, Strategy Management
6. Kehinde Oladipo, outgoing Head, Human Capital
7. Inatimi Spiff, outgoing Head, Process Administration
8. Okoh Aihe, outgoing Head, Public Relations
9. Austin Odo, outgoing Head, Performance Management
10. Chinelo Ofomata, outgoing Assistant Director, Legal Services
11. Tenimu Bawa, outgoing Assistant Director, Research and Development
12. Dr. Kafilu Danbatta, outgoing Head, Next Generation Technologies and Standardization